March Home Maintenance Tasks
It’s hard to believe, but it has now been one year since the Covid-19 pandemic began and changed our world. Yet, March is now here, and with the rising temperatures and longer days, we will soon begin to see the first signs of Spring.
Before the arrival of April showers, it is a good time to get started on some Spring maintenance items, both to shed the winter layers, and to give your home a fresh new start.
· Groom your lawn. Get ready to mow by picking up debris that may have accumulated on your lawn over the winter, and fill bare spots with grass seed and fertilizer.
· Clear gutters and downspouts. Prevent damage from Spring rains by clearing out debris. Make sure that water is diverted away from the home, to protect its foundation.
· Re-seal exterior woodwork. Stain or reseal outdoor structures such as fences, pergolas, railings, and wood decks to keep them in good condition.
· Schedule air-conditioning service. Make sure your HVAC unit is working and is in good condition, before summer arrives. Schedule service, if needed, and don’t forget to regularly change the filters.
· Clean carpets and soft furnishings. Have floor carpets cleaned, and send out area rugs for professional cleaning. Launder furniture slipcovers and pillow covers, and clean or install new shower curtains.
· Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Change batteries at least once a year, and replace each unit every 7 to 10 years.
Despite the pandemic of the past year, the real estate market has remained strong, with home values growing at a fast pace. After this year of hefty appreciation, if you’d like to find out what your home is worth, contact me for a complimentary comparative market analysis (CMA).
Whether you are looking to buy, sell, or invest in real estate in 2021, I can help you with all of your Philadelphia Main Line real estate needs. Specializing in Montgomery County, Delaware County, and Chester County, PA Pennsylvania real estate, including Lower Merion Township, Narberth Borough, Haverford Township, Radnor Township, Newtown Township, Easttown Township, Tredyffrin Township, Willistown Township, Marple Township, Malvern Borough, and all of the Philadelphia Main Line communities in between and beyond!
Janis Peterson, REALTOR®, GRI, ABR, SRES, CSP
Main Line Homes Luxury Real Estate Agent